Important Instructions to all Candidates
- Failure to report personally to the Selection Committee in the Counselling as per Rank and time schedule shall have no claim for the seat
- Candidates, if selected, shall have to take admission immediately after the counselling on payment of necessary fees as given in the INFORMATION BULLETIN.
- The candidate shall have to submit the Confirmation Sheet and self attested photocopy of all relevent testimonials at the time of counselling, failure of which will result in cancellation of his/her candidature. The candidate MUST produce the originals of relevent testimonials at the time of counselling.
- Mere attending to couseling does not gurantee admission into any of the Degree Programme.
First Counselling Schedule for All Graduate Courses
- Venue for Counselling for admission in all the programmes : M.C. Das Memorial Auditorium, Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
- All Counselling starts from : 9.30am.
- 17th July, 2018 (Tuesday) .
- All VET Rank List
- All programmes as earmarked in information bulletin -- candidates under NEC, VLEW, VFA, FD, Tea Husbandry Quota and Rest of India" quota
- 18th July, 2018 (Wednesday) .
- General Merit List -- Candidates with 85 percent and above in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB)
- Other Category and Quota Lists as published
- The vacancy position will be published IN THE WEB after counselling.
- 19th July, 2018 (Thursday) [Subject to availability of seats as published].
- All Merit Lists -- as published
- 20th July, 2018 (Friday) .
- NRI and NRI sponsored candidates, Kashmiri Migrants for all degree programmes and candidates under Higher Fee Category and Foreign Students
- 28th July, 2018 (Saturday) .
- M.Sc. (Agri) / MBA / MSc (Food Tech)
- 26th July, 2018 (Thursday) .
- M.V.Sc./M.Sc. (H.Sc.)/M.F.Sc.
- 27th July, 2018 (Friday).
- Ph. D. -- All Programmes
Important Instructions for candidates applying for PG Programmes
- Entrance Examination for in Animal Biotechnology (Masters & PhD) will be held on 12th July, 2018 (Thursday) from 2.00 pm. Candidates will report Department of Animal Biotechnology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Khanapara, Guwahati at 1.30 pm for the examination.
- Entrance Examination for in Agricultural Biotechnology (Masters & PhD) will be held on 12th July, 2018 (Thursday). Candidates will report IDA Building, Faculty of Agriculture, AAU, Jorhat at 9.30 am for the examination. The Viva-Voce will be held on sameday.
- Entrance Examination for in Food Science and Technology will be held on 11th July, 2018 (Wednesday). Candidates will report IDA Building, Faculty of Agriculture, AAU, Jorhat at 9.30 am for the examination. The Viva-Voce will be held on sameday.
- Entrance Examination for in MBA (Agri Business) will be held on 11th July, 2018 (Wednesday). Candidates will report Department of Agril Economics, AAU, Jorhat at 1.30 pm for the examination. The Viva-Voce will be held on sameday.
- Entrance Examination for all other PhD Programmes will be held on 14th July, 2018 (Saturday). Candidates will report respective Departments at 9.30 am for the examination.
Under Graduate Category/Quota wise seat distribution
|Category/Quota||BSc(Agri) Jht||BSc(Agri) BNCA||BSc(Agri) SCSCA||BVSc Ghty||BVSc NL||BSc (CSc)||BFSc||BSc (Seri)||BSc (Hort)|
|Rest of India||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||2|
|Scheduled Tribe (P)||8||4||3||5||3||3||1||1||2|
|Scheduled Tribe (H)||4||2||2||3||2||1||1||1||1|
N.B. : One seat each to be reserved for TGL under OBC/MOBC Category for B.Sc.(Agri.) & B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree programme.
Extra-numeral seats :
- Foreign students – A maximum of 15 seats across the University
- NRI/NRI sponsored students- A maximum of 7(seven) seats in each Faculty
- Wards of Kashmiri Migrants - A maximum of 2(two) percent of the total intake per college